Considering graduate school or a career in Public Policy?
The Department of Political Science and Economics’ Short Course in Public Policy is designed to help participants learn about careers in public policy and Rowan’s graduate programs in Public Policy.
- Learn about the basics of Public Policy and Public Administration from Rowan faculty
- Learn about careers in Public Policy from practitioners in the field
- Get one on one advising and professional development advice
- Learn about Rowan’s Graduate level public policy offerings
Cost for full course and certificate:
- $100 for participants registering before 5/15/2021
- Discount will be reflected at checkout
- $150 for registration from 5/16/2021-5/31/2021
- FREE to Alumni (please contact us to receive a coupon code)
The College of Humanities & Social Sciences deans office is offering a limited number of scholarships for students with financial need. Please contact Kathy Javian at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
FOUR VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS
Tuesday June 1st, 6-8 pm Introduction and Advocacy
Dr. Kathy Javian, Coordinator of Rowan’s MPP program
Discussion with Jesse Burns, Executive Director, League of Women Voters, New Jersey
Thursday June 3rd, 6-8 pm - Policymaking
Dr. Knight-Finley, Assistant Professor of Political Science and Economics, Rowan University
Discussion with William Moen Jr., New Jersey Assemblyman
Tuesday June 8th, 6-8 pm - Policy Implementation
Dr. Andrew Gooch, Assistant Professor of Political Science and Economics, Rowan University
Discussion with Dr. Zakiya Smith Ellis, Chief Policy Advisor, State of New Jersey
Thursday June 10th, 6-8 pm - Professional Development and Advising
Discussion with Dr. Benjamin Dworkin, Founding Director, Rowan Institute for Public Policy and Citizenship (RIPPAC)
Individual Advising Sessions with Dr. Misty Knight-Finley, Dr. Kathy Javian, and Dr. Danielle Gougon
Kathy Javian, Ph.D.
Lecturer of Political Science
Coordinator of Rowan’s Master in Public Policy
Refund available for cancellation until 5/25/21. No refunds after 5/25/21.