Join us for smART, Fall 2021, at Rowan University.
smART -- Saturday Morning Art at Rowan University -- is a visual and creative arts program for children in Kindergarten - Grade 8. All classes are taught by Rowan University Art Education students.
The smART program is only offered once a year. There is no smART in Spring 2022.
SmART classes are taught by Art Education majors interning under the supervision of the Department of Art's Art Education faculty who have years of public school art classroom teaching experience. Class sizes are small and children are given two hour of instructional time allowing for more in-depth artistic practice.
For over 30 years, the smART program has locally served the children of hundreds of families providing affordable, creative visual arts experiences for children and teens. The smART program augments the greater mission of Rowan University, preparing students for their chosen careers and their lives by fostering knowledge through study, responsibility through service, and character through challenge.
Register for Fall 2021 classes by September 15, 2021.
Important: Walk ins will not be accepted this year
Fall 2021 Schedule:
Saturdays, September 18, 2021 - December 4, 2021 from 9:00am - 11:00 am.
Student exhibition - Westby Hall
*No classes on November 27, 2021 due to the Thanksgiving weekend
- Kindergarten - 8th grade
- Registration Fee: $10.00 (non-refundable)
- Program Fee: $45.00
- Total Cost: $55.00
Face-to-Face classes in Westby Hall
10% discount for Rowan Employees (must be logged into the Marketplace with your Rowan email address. Discounts will automatically be reflected at checkout)
$10 non-refundable Registration fee
Any other refunds, please contact the department below for approval.
All safety protocols for COVID will be followed.
1. Class size for each grade level will be limited to 12 students. Additional sections will be added if there are more than 12 in a class.
2. Students will be seated at least 6 ft. apart in all classrooms.
3. Supplies will given to your child for their personal use when possible. All common supplies will be cleaned and disinfected after each class.
4. All chairs and tables will be cleaned and disinfected before your child arrive and after they leave.
5. Hands will be washed before leaving the class and hand sanitizer will be provided in each classroom.