The Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is proud to present the DEI Certificate Program, a professional development opportunity in furthering discussions on diversity, equity and inclusion. This program is an excellent enhancement to your personal and professional development.
Module 1.1 - Intercultural Development
In this session we explore who we are- why differences matters, how to work across differences, how to identify differences, and how to leverage those to build collaborations and relationships that support all.
Module 1.2 - Systems of Power and Privilege
In this session we explore systems of power and privilege, how those benefit some while marginalizing others, how they are institutionalized and intersectional.
Module 1.3 - Understanding Culture
In this session we explore culture, and how cultural values inform beliefs and behaviors. We learn how to identify our own cultural norms, and how those influence our interactions and assumptions.
Module 1.4 - Identity Work
In this session we explore social identity categories, identify the ones to which we belong, and examine the ways those identity groups influence our experiences.
Module 1.5 - Implicit Bias
In this session we examine how unconscious or implicit biases we hold, based on our culture and identity groups, show up in our everyday actions and engage with strategies to uncover, explore, and counteract.
Module 1.6 - Microagressions & Inclusive Language
In this session we extend the conversation about implicit bias into the ways it manifests in microagressions, language, and appropriation, while trying out strategies to increase the inclusiveness of our language and eliminate microagressions.
Module 1.7 - Ally, Accomplice, Advocate
In this session we explore strategies to act as ally, accomplice, and advocate for our own groups, and for others, to build inclusive communities, and explore the tension between intent and impact.
Who should take this course?
- Professionals interested in expanding their understanding of DEI
- P-20 Educators/Higher Education Faculty/P-20 Administrators
- Board of Education Members
- Community Leaders
What you get:
- DEI Materials
- DEI Certificate from Rowan University Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- 1 Continuing Education Credit
Credit Card Payment and Bill Me Later (invoice) options are available.
- Free - Rowan Employees and Students (must register with your Rowan email address)
- $100/module - RCSJ, RCBC, Rowan's Professional Development Schools, Rowan Alumni, and Employees at non-profit organizations
- $200/module - General Public
- Discounted Rate: If a member of the General Public registers for all seven modules, the total cost of the Certificate will be $1,000. To receive the discounted rate, please select the Bill Me Later option for payment and a new invoice will be generated and sent to you within 2 business days. The only option for payment at the discounted rate will be to pay by check. Please note: All 7 modules must be purchased in the same transaction to receive this discount.
No refunds will be issued if you are unable to complete the program. Registrants must commit to the full 7 modules to receive a certificate.
- Please make sure you register under the correct item below
- After you add an item(s) to your cart, you must proceed to 'checkout' to complete registration
For further information, please contact DEI@Rowan.edu