Who Can Apply?
CE candidates must complete a minimum amount of 50 hours of pre-professional experience at a CE EPP prior to employment. The Verification of Program Completion for Certificate of Eligibility Educator Preparation Program (CEEPP) form showing completion of the 50 hours must be presented to the hiring school in order to obtain a provisional certificate. Once you have secured employment, it is the responsibility of the hiring school district to enroll you in the Provisional Teacher Process. A provisional certificate is then issued which is valid for a period of up to two years. The PTP is a school-based training and evaluation program provided during the initial years of teaching in New Jersey.
Only apply if:
- If the Certificate of Eligibility is issued for Pre-K to 3, you cannot enroll in this program. If you hold a CTE you cannot enroll in the program. The Aspire to Teach program is only designed to support elementary, middle school and high school.
- If you hold a CTE please visit https://www.nj.gov/education/cte/ for additional information. ASPIRE is not designed to support Career and Technical Educators.
Candidates will engage in the following actives:
- 20 hours of online modules designed for planning lesson plans and classroom management.
- 20 hours of clinical experience, including at least 10 hours of planning and delivering instruction via individual or co-teaching module.
- 10 hours of orientation includes: intro to our technology platforms, assessment/survey, program overview, policies, and procedures. Orientations will be scheduled as required.