Who Can Apply?
CE candidates must complete a minimum amount of 50 hours of pre-professional experience at a CE EPP prior to employment. The Verification of Program Completion for Certificate of Eligibility Educator Preparation Program (CEEPP) form showing completion of the 50 hours must be presented to the hiring school in order to obtain a provisional certificate. Once you have secured employment, it is the responsibility of the hiring school district to enroll you in the Provisional Teacher Process. A provisional certificate is then issued which is valid for a period of up to two years. The PTP is a school-based training and evaluation program provided during the initial years of teaching in New Jersey.
Please note eligibility requirements:
- If the Certificate of Eligibility is issued for Pre-K to 3, you are not eligible for this program. The Aspire to Teach program is only designed to support elementary, middle school and high school grade levels.
- If you hold a CTE you are not eligible for this program. Please visit https://www.nj.gov/education/cte/ for additional information. ASPIRE is not designed to support Career and Technical Educators.
Program details for 50-Hour Component:
Candidates will engage in the following actives:
- 20 hours of online modules designed for planning lesson plans and classroom management.
- 20 hours of clinical experience, including at least 10 hours of planning and delivering instruction via individual or co-teaching module.
- Hours can be identified through a variety of experiences including but not limited to the following:
- One-on-one or small group instruction to P-12 students that is planned and facilitated by candidate
- Afterschool programs that provide a curriculum, assessment, and alignment to standards
- YMCA, Boys & Girls Clubs counseling, teaching, that provide curriculum, assessment, and alignment to standards
- Long-term substitute teaching which includes lesson planning and assessment
- 10 hours of orientation includes: intro to our technology platforms, assessment/survey, program overview, policies, and procedures. Orientations will be scheduled as required.